Enjoy coming back to The Homestead. Cozy up to the wood-burning fireplace, surrounded by original logs and all the character of an authentic Colorado mountain cabin. Or head out to the corral, hop on your horse and explore the many miles of beautiful trails at your doorstep.
GUEST HORSE FACILITIES GUEST HORSE FACILITIES
We offer an open corral and fresh water right next to The Homestead. You can ride into the National Forest from the cabin where there are many, awesome scenic trails. Or ride down the road a couple of miles to Rocky Mountain National Park or wilderness areas.
- Trailer parking is available on site.
- Horse boarding rate is $15/day per horse.
- Hay is available at $5/day per horse.
- Required for each horse:
- Current health certificate dated within 30 days of arrival.
- Negative Coggins test dated within 1 year.
About The Area
On the doorstep of the Rocky Mountain National Park, our cabins/vacation homes are located in one of the most beautiful areas of Colorado boasting stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and a wide choice of activities to suit everyone's personality and lifestyle.
Estes Park is a peaceful mountain town, nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. There you will find restaurants, galleries, shops and many other activities to make your vacation memorable.
It offers two main entrances into the National Park. Another entrance at Wild Basin is 15 miles from Estes Park along the scenic Peak to Peak Hwy.
In the winter, the Park offers snowshoeing, cross country and backcountry skiing, ice climbing, to name just a few of the activities. In the summer it is a hiker’s paradise with 360 miles of trails leading to beautiful waterfalls, lakes and stunning mountain scenes. You can also fly fish, mountain climb or simply drive the Park’s roads and view spectacular scenery. Longs Peak, the highest peak in the area, attracts visitors all year round and is easily accessible.
Located just 45 miles from Estes Park along the Peak to Peak Hwy, is the Indian Peaks Wilderness area on 76,486 acres with 110 miles of trails and over 50 lakes. We think you'll agree that this is an amazing and unforgettable place to vacation!
No smoking of any kind anywhere on the property is permitted; if violated the entire damage deposit will be forfeited.
- Your pet must be kenneled should you leave the pet alone in the cabin.
- We assume your pet is house trained.
- Clean up after your pet outside.
- We ask that your pet not be allowed on the furniture or beds.
- Pet Fee: $10 per night, per pet.
- Pet friendly
- Guest horse facilities
- Sleeps 6-8
- Master bedroom with queen bed
- Second bedroom with queen bed
- Third bedroom with two double beds
- 1 bathroom with tub/shower
- 2nd bathroom with shower
- Spacious living room with wood-burning fireplace
- Large dining area with table that seats 8 comfortably
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Deck with gas grill
- Small hot tub (available in the summer months)
- Riding stables within walking distance
- 200 yards from a National Forest
- 1.5 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park
- 1.5 miles from Indian Peaks Wilderness
- No smoking of any kind is permitted; if violated, the entire damage deposit will be forfeited.