Can't go wrong!
• 5 of 5 Stars We just returned from an awesome Maine vac and staying at the NortherNest was perfect in every way. As everyone else has commented, the owners have thought of everything possible to give their renters the over and beyond treatment. Perks: *Clean and inviting home that has everything well thought out.. A breakfast nook, deck seating, fenced in grassy area and gated deck for the dogs. Lovely decor. Every tool and kitchen and bathroom supplies. * Acadia Park pass plus surrounding area info * Beautiful view of bay from the home. Plus plentiful gardens with fresh veggies and herbs! We made fresh salads...lettuce, beets, carrots, cukes, tomatoes, squash...to name a few! Wonderful! * Private beach- our dogs loved to roam and have fun every day. Found some sea glass and a star fish. Saw a seal. Gorgeous views, peaceful and serene. Kayaks were available to use also. * Location was great. 10-15 min to Bar Harbor. Acadia Park, Ellsworth, SW Harbor and other small towns within close proximity. * Restaurants and shopping galore...too many to choose from. Paddy's, Side Street Cafe in Bar Harbor were great. Also 2 Cats Inn & Cafe for breakfast. * Must do- Be the first to witness the sun rise in the USA on Cadillac Mnt. It was really windy and cold but worth it...dress accordingly in Oct, worth seeing! Acadia National Park...Sand Beach, small but beautiful, saw an eagle there. The trail there is awesome, you will pass Thunder Hole also. I'm sure I am forgetting many other suggestions but I just wanted to let any future renters know, this place is a gem of a place. Thanks Julee and Pete for making our vac a perfect one! • Stayed: October 2015 Owner's Response: You are so welcome. Thanks for your kind words!! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay. The Nest is a pretty special place to unwind but when you get tired of relaxing on the beach there is so much to explore in the area - as you found out! Sounds like you really made the most of your visit!! We work hard at keeping the property clean and making it a wonderful place to stay. Vacations are too few and very special so it is important to us that all our guests have a great time. Thank you for taking such nice care of the property, we really appreciate how nicely you left it when you departed! Hope to see you again in 2016! Julee & PeteAnnette P.
Visited on "October - 2015
Home away from home, with countless thoughtful touches
• 5 of 5 Stars My husband and I stayed here for a week in celebration of our 5-year anniversary. We've determined that when we return we will stay at the Nest again, and bring our son along for the trip! The decor was darling, the house spotless, the view was beautiful, the bed was among the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and the thought and care that the owners put into making sure our stay was a fantastic one were evident. We arrived to fresh flowers, a pass to the park, a binder full of information about the home and the surrounding area, and even greeting cards with pictures that had pictures of the beach and stamped envelopes that we used to send notes to our son back home. I was concerned that the (short) distance from the island would feel like too much, but it actually turned out to be a welcome escape from the crowds at the end of the day! We made frequent stops at the seafood stand across the road (as recommended by the welcome book) and made most of our meals in the lovely and fully equipped kitchen. While the property management company was not always the most helpful or timely in responding to my questions, as soon as I sent a note to the owners I received immediate and detailed responses. I would recommend the Nest without hesitation. We hope to stay again someday! • Stayed: June 2015 Owner's Response: Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to post this review. It is very much appreciated. We have a lot of great reviews in the Nest's logbook but it is extra special when someone takes the time to go online to let us know how much they enjoyed their stay. Thank you! So glad you had a great time and enjoyed the property. We take great care to make sure that the property is clean and that everything is in place for a wonderful vacation. Also, thank you for leaving The Nest is such nice shape when you left. That is always very much appreciated!! Hope to see you all in 2016. JuleeAnonymous
Visited on "June - 2016
Amazing Family Vacation
• 5 of 5 Stars The NortherNest was absolutely amazing! From the moment we arrived, as we looked out at the beautiful ocean, we were completely taken with the property. The house is a sweet, tucked away treasure! The cove in which the house sits is magnificent and a piece of heaven. We boiled crab and clams on the beach, kayaked for hours on end, played horseshoes, looked for sea shells, talked and reconnected as a family. After a long day of hiking in close by Acadia, we would sit on the beach with a glass of wine and truly relax in the quiet serenity. Thank you for all the games in the closet, they provided hours of fun for our family. The house is well stocked and I could always find the items I needed for cooking. We even had the privilege of cutting some greens from the garden for wonderful salads. We hated to leave and even went to the beach for one last look before we drove away. Thank you for sharing your beautiful house with us! • Stayed: July 2015 Owner's Response: Thanks for such a great review! It is really hard to describe how special The Nest and the beach are but you have done a lovely job in your review. I am in real estate and see waterfront properties almost every day. There are few beaches like ours. The Nest really is a rare treasure!! So glad your family had a wonderful vacation!!!Rebecca C.
Visited on "July - 2015
A Little Piece of Heaven
• 5 of 5 Stars The NortherNest was the perfect place for our vacation. The house is close enough to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, yet far enough away to get a more private atmosphere. After a long day hiking, we were able to sit back on the deck and watch the tide come in. When it got chilly after the sun started going down, we were able to move right into the sunroom so we could continue to take in that amazing view. Even while cooking in the kitchen, you can still get a glimpse of the mountains in the distance. The views are simply breathtaking. The views weren’t the only thing that we took advantage of while at the Nest! It was so nice to walk down to the beach and sit in the chairs and be able to stick your feet in the bay. My brave fiancé even went for a quick swim! (If you know anything about the water in Maine, it is cold!) We also used the kayaks that were on the property. This was a huge plus for us since we didn’t have to bring our own! Our two dogs absolutely loved the deck, access to the beach, and the yummy treats that were left for them! We truly could not have asked for a better place and we will be booking here again next summer! • Stayed: May 2015 Owner's Response: Thanks for your kind words. So glad you were able to experience the magic of NortherNest! Hope to see you next year. Julee & PeteJessica B.
Visited on "May - 2015
We did not want to leave!
• 5 of 5 Stars I can honestly say that this was the best vacation we have ever had. We did not want to leave (and that is a first!). We were lucky enough to have excellent weather while we visited (much better than at home in Massachusetts!). I spend a lot of time on my patio at home enjoying my garden and flowers. Northernest made me feel right at home (but even more beautiful!). It was so relaxing to come back to the house after a bike ride or hike and enjoy a cocktail on the deck. Kayaked in the bay, had s'mores out by the water, and saw so many fireflys! The kids were most excited about that - I haven't seen any fireflies since I was a kid! :-) The house is well equipped with anything that you would need and I loved that the cabinets in the kitchen were all labeled with the contents....made everything so much easier! I loved just sitting and watching the birds and chipmunks all over the yard. The kids really enjoyed using the porch as their doll's bedroom. :-) This is a truly dog friendly place with a fenced in dog yard and treats on the counter. We are already talking about booking again for next year! • Stayed: June 2014 Owner's Response: So glad you had a great vacation. The Nest really is a special place. And your weather was perfect. Even the rain held off until after the 4th festivities. Thanks for such great feedback!Jennifer G.
Visited on "June - 2015