Enjoy the best Hilton Head has to offer from our Palmetto Dunes home! We charge you no additional fees with your reservation and your stay! Whether you’re relaxing by the private family-sized pool or fishing in the lagoon, our secluded setting and spectacular views will provide the relaxing vacation you need. The beach is a short walk or bicycle ride away under a canopy of live oaks and Spanish moss. The floor plan is very open with only one level to navigate. Glass doors and windows frame the length of the sun room which allows the beautiful lagoon views to appear the minute you open the front door. The property is located behind the north gate in the prestigious Mariners section on the widest part of the 11-mile Palmetto Dunes lagoon system. It is across from the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course and provides a view of the ocean hole, one of only two on the island. You are but one fairway away from the ocean and pristine Hilton Head beach.
The King suite offers a luxury bathroom with a walk-in tiled shower, two sinks and a separate water closet. A vanity separates the numerous built-ins to accommodate all of your attire. But none of that compares to what lies behind the plantation shutters and sliding glass doors. Open those and the views coupled with an early morning shaded deck area provide the perfect place for coffee and communication with your loved one as the morning sun slowly warms you. And if you get too warm, a few more steps further you can cool off at the pool or sit by the waterfront without waking the rest of the house. The Queen suite offers another spacious bathroom and huge walk in closet (large enough for a porta-crib if you are new parents). For light sleepers or night owls, the shutters and location of this room easily allow for sleeping in. The twin room is spacious and comfortable; it is adjacent to the third full bathroom.
The Carolina gathering room brings the many outdoor features in, day or night; it adjoins the comfortable living room with a large flat screen TV. Both have enough seating for whichever view you prefer. They are also adjacent to the dining room and easily accessible to the kitchen. The eat-in kitchen shares a large pass-through opening with the dining room, exposing the kitchen to the deck, pool, and the waterfront. The expansive multi-level deck accommodates comfortable outdoor dining and lounging day or night and can be accessed through the Carolina room, dining room and master bedroom. The airy pergola provides shade to those who’ve had enough sun but still want to take in the breathtaking views from outside.
Other features include a circular driveway with carport to aid in your arrivals and departures as well as keeping your car cool while its parked; vaulted ceilings with sky lights that bathe the home in natural light; a whole-house sound system to connect with your devices; mood lighting indoor and out; cable television and DVD players in all bedrooms; wireless high-speed (Wi-Fi) internet; and a wet bar. There is a washer and dryer as well but bear in mind you are on vacation. Your stay includes the use of beach chairs and toys as well as a selection of pool floats and toys. Finally, fresh linens and bath towels along with the basic toiletries will keep your packing to a minimum.
The island has so many things to offer and there are hidden treasures as well. Instead of turning left towards the beach, turning right will lead you to what we call ‘Turtle bridge’ where you can watch wild turtles swim and frolic almost within your reach. Any fishing fans in your family can catch fish and crabs from the dock or monitor their fishing poles and crab traps right from the pool while watching the lagoon's majestic water fowl in action. Relax over the water on the large dock with a drink and a good book. Bike or walk down the quiet streets or near the fairways after hours and look out over the nearby ocean hole. We take pride in ownership and limit our party size to six (with the occasional exception) in order to maximize your experience. Questions are always welcome.
Things to consider when choosing a home:
1) Final cost - watch out for additional fees (reservation fees, cleaning fees, service fees, and others). Our quote/price you receive is the final cost including cleaning - there are no fees. There is the additional 10% in state and local tax.
2) Setting - what will you be looking at while you are lounging or resting in between activitiesY How private is the setting and how large is the yard - is the setting open and sunnyY Out home offers a private setting with a large yard and pool. The back yard is open and sunny.
3) Street location - are you near a major road that could contribute noise, or are you on a through street that has extra trafficY Our home is far from major roads and is near the end of the resort on a non-through street so traffic and noise are minimal.
4) Neighboring properties - who are your neighbors, how close are they, and what lies in betweenY Our home is far from all of the hotels; our neighbors on both sides are rarely there - their homes are often vacant. Dense plantings on both sides of the property, front and back, provide a high-level of privacy.
5) Layout/floor plan - how interesting, practical, and friendly is the layout/floor planY Does your family seem too close or too distributed, are you running up and down stairs frequentlyY Our single-floor layout avoids the "stairs" issue. The floor plan is much like an "H" where the bedrooms are in separate corners and the communal areas are centrally located. Every room on the back of the house has a spectacular waterfront view. It is not possible to see into the front of the house from the street. Many guests have commented that the house is "big enough without being too big" and that they "love the layout."
6) Pool - what is the pool like really; is it sunny or shaded, how big is it, what can you see or do while you are floating or swimming, how many can swim at the same timeY There are often space and location constraints that result in unusually small pools with many homes on the island. Our pool is large and the yard is open and sunny - six or more can swim at one time. The views from the pool are every bit as spectacular as they are from the deck, the dock, or the house itself. You can watch golfers in the distance and birds on the lagoon and in the sky while you are swimming. In fact, you could even fish from the lagoon while swimming in the pool!
7) Dock - assuming that a home is on the water, does it have a dock and how large or practical is the dock, what can you see and doY Our dock is quite large and has built-in seating to allow you to enjoy the spectacular views in a more relaxed way. It also has a stepped down "launch area" to facilitate loading and unloading (should you have guests arriving by boat), enable the launching of Kayaks in the event you have brought yours along or you have rented them from the nearby Palmetto Dunes Outfitters shop, or allow you to more easily tend to your crab traps. The size of the dock allows several people to fish concurrently without the risk of crossed lines or injury. The bulkhead is high which provides good views and access when fishing.
8) Management & Ownership - who owns the home and what is their motivation - who manages it and what is their familiarity with the property and their stake in itY We personally own this home, it is our family's own vacation home. It is available for rent to offset the cost of ownership - it is far from an income property. When you are inquiring and booking, you are communicating with us directly - we are the ones who respond to your requests and questions and manage all of the bookings. We know the home and property intimately and we have professional staff that we remain in close contact with for the maintenance, cleaning, services, and repairs that can only be done locally. We visit the home several times a year to ready it for each season and to maintain the quality of the home, the property, and the provided services in order to best ensure the success of your vacation/stay.