WE USE TRIPZ BECAUSE WE CAN OFFER BETTER PRICING WITHOUT SERVICE FEES. CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS AND TO BOOK.
One of the finest examples of old Germantown charm. Beautiful Italianate style villa located in the mansion district of Historic Tulpehocken Station of west central Germantown. All with the usual trimmings including magnificent center hall and butler pantry, high ceilings, ornate fireplaces, pocket doors, bay windows, and 10 foot ceilings that all now welcome our guests who desire a taste of the past with modern amenities.
Our mansion is located in the very historic West Germantown section of the city and our home is located just minutes from the Chestnut Hill and Manayunk areas. These areas offer great shopping and trendy restaurants.
The University of Pennsylvania, Temple, LaSalle, Philadelphia University and Chestnut Hill College are all located just minutes away!
WE OFFER MORE THEN JUST A ROOM! You have access to the huge living room on the first floor and big kitchen on the third floor. In addition, we will offer a complimentary glass of wine to our guests if you are a wine lover! Please note the legal age of drinking in PA is 21.
This beautiful room is located on the third floor and features the follow benefits:
* An exquisite first floor sitting room
* FREE high-speed wifi throughout the house
* FREE private parking in our huge backyard
* The laundry facilities with washer/dryer
*7 Miles to downtown Philadelphia
*No car required - very close to bus and train
*2 block walk to SEPTA's Chestnut Hill West train station. Chestnut Hill West tranline will take you to center city 20 min ride (30ths Street Amtrack station, suburban Station where the city hall and many office building, including Comcast building and love square etc. and Jefferson Station where Chinatown and Philadelphia Conventional Center are located)
* 2 block walk to Route 23 bus stop where you can take a bus to Chinatown, reading terminator and Philadelphia Conventional Center
* 65, X and XH bus stop is right cross the street where you can go to many directions
This Victorian Style house, was built in 1857 and was once the home to a famous judge and a famous actress.
This lovely and exquisite private room on the 3rd floor features the following:
- Private entrance
- Very spacious and roomy, about 200 sq
- South facing, plenty of light, beautiful window treatments, arch shaped windows kept original characteristics
- Beautifully newly installed hardwood floor
- Fresh painted wall with trendy Benjamin Moore colors
- Two matching twin size beds that offers utmost convenience and flexibility. We can add a third bed (a folding bed) in the room at your request. An additional person fee will apply.
- A study desk with a decorative desk lamp
- You will have access to the full kitchen/refrigator on the third floor. We also prepared a brand new full set 17 pieces of non stick cookware if you desire to cook yourself while you are staying with us.
- Microwave oven and toaster
- Bottle water and snack in your room upon your arrival
- Check in and checkout time flexible
- We strive to make your stay both comfortable and enjoyable.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Barnes Foundation, Boat House Row, and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Rittenhouse Square, Avenue of the Arts, City Hall/Love Park, University of Pennsylvania, 30th Street Station, Bus/Subway/Trolley stops, and great bars/restaurants are located just 15 minutes from our home and the Historic Center of the city (Old City) is just 20 minutes away. Or take a stroll along the river on the nearby bike/walking path right to the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
If you are interested in renting bikes just let us know. There are plenty of bike lanes throughout the city.
Our beautiful mansion is located in the Tulpehocken Station Historic District
The Tulpehocken Station Historic District is a historic area in the lovely Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Large suburban houses were built in the area from about 1850 to 1900 in a variety of styles including Carpenter Gothic, Italianate, and Bracketed as part of the Picturesque Movement of architecture. In the 1870s styles moved toward High Victorian and Second Empire. The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, and it covers about six square blocks, bounded by McCallum Street on the north, the Pennsylvania Railroad tracks on the south, Tulpehocken Street on the west, and Walnut Lane on the east.
Our mansion is in Victorian and Italianate style.
The beautiful Wissahickon Valley Park with it's lovely nature trails, creek, jogging/biking trails and wooden-covered bridges is less than 1 mile from our home.
Most guests do not have time to visit the neighborhood much. If they did, there are plenty of tourist and recreational sites. Outside of Center City, Germantown has more history than any other part of Philadelphia. Sites date from 1690 and include Revolutionary War and Civil War sites. There are lots of restaurants near by. Though Germantown is not exactly a gourmet retail / dining destination, there are couple of good places within walking distance (include two vegetarian places). And restaurant havens of Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill and Manayunk are 10-15 minutes away.
SEPTA is the regional public transportation company that services the Philadelphia area.
SEPTA's regional train that services the neighborhood is called the Chestnut Hill West Line and the local train station (Tulpehocken Station) is located just 3 blocks from our home. This train will take you downtown to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and Historic District in about 20 minutes.
SEPTA's Route 23 Bus stops 1 block from our mansion and takes you to Chestnut Hill in 5 minutes. This bus also takes you downtown to the Convention Center in Center City and the Historic District in about 35 minutes.
*Please notify us PRIOR to your arrival date with a two hour window of your expected check-in time
* No Pets
* No Smoking
* No drugs and other illegal activities
* Please respect our property and our guests
Get the best rates on Tripz.com, thanks to the Tripz Guarantee of never charging booking or serivices fees to travelers.
|Dates||Week Night||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
| Standard Rate
2 Nights Min Stay
Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest.
Pet Fee: $30
Property Damage Protection $59
50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
* Tripz.com recommends never sending unsecure funds to an owner such as Western Union or cash.