Our Tavernier family vacation home is like 'home away from home'. Property is fenced with plenty of parking space for vehicles and boat/trailer on side of home. Nicely decorated and tiled throughout our home is very well kept and clean only four homes from open Bay access with clear water canal and direct ocean access via Tavernier Creek. Master bedroom features queen size post bed with open bath area with bidet and sliding glass doors accessing wrap around balcony. Second (guest room) also offers a queen size bed with adjacent full bath that also opens to hall way for guests. Third bedroom is downstairs adjacent to the recreation room and features two bunk beds both with double full-size beds on bottom and single twin beds on top, sleeping 6 with TV and gaming console (kids favorite room) with a full bath.
Recreation room features a full size pool table and a Tiki Style bar with utility sink. You'll enjoy preparing a family meal in our bright and airy (fully equipped) kitchen with formal dining and counter dining open to family area with 47' flat screen HDTV with cable and DVD, surround sound music and wireless internet throughout. North/South exposure offers a pleasant cool and shady afternoon on deck. Downstairs deck area has large 6 person table and four lounge chairs. Upstairs balcony has tall bar table with 4 chairs and sitting area with loveseat 2 chairs and cocktail table and offers great morning Bay views for enjoying your coffee/breakfast outdoors. Large 36"professional Pro Fire gas grill with dual side burners on balcony for outdoor cooking.
Whether you're boaters or non boaters you'll have plenty to do at home and away. Welcome to bring your own boat or rent one nearby (boat lifts available with additional security deposit) and easy access to nearby loading docks for small or big boats. Our 60 ft dock offers a large 14K lb remote control boat lift suitable for up to 36 ft boat with additional space infront for smaller vessel or jet ski in water dockside. At home enjoy sunbathing on the deck, relax on large deck/patio area and take a dip in clear water canal.
Away from home, enjoy great restaurants, unique boutique style shopping and great sightseeing. Lots of fun to have....We are only minutes away from Harry Harris State Park, Jacobs Aquatic Center, a family style water park and Founders Park with an Olympic size pool, basketball courts, pet park and beaches. World Class spa nearby at the famous Cheeca Lodge (great place for the ladies while the guys are out fishing), Swim with Dolphins, Swim with Sea Lions and even Swim with Stingrays at nearby Theatre of the Sea (other swim with dolphins facility at Dolphin Cove), movie theaters, Scuba-dive or snorkel at great coral reefs and John Pennekamp home of famous underwater Christ statute and enjoy the famous Islamorada Tiki Bar and Sandbar accessible by car and boat, just minutes away. Also enjoy world class deep sea fishing charters, back country flats fishing, Casino Cruises, Glass Bottom Boats and Beaches.
At mile marker 93 we are only 60 miles/minutes away from Miami, 1.5 hours away from Miami International Airport and 2 hours away from Florida's hot spot...Miami Beach. While here, you'll want to save a day for a trip to Florida's southernmost point...Key West, a must do while at the Keys. As you can see, there's a lot of fun to be had by all members of the family. We're happy to assist with any other concerns or inquiries.
About The Area
Hammerpoint is only 40 minutes into the Florida stretch making it a great paradise location without having to deal with hours of driving or bumper to bumber traffic. Conveniently located in Tavernier it sits on the Bay Side close to Tavernier Creek bridge allowing you quick Ocean access. Home sits in a quite residential neighborhood where all homes are similarly kept well.
The Florida Keys are an Island Paradise offering many attractions and places to visit for both great food and unique shopping. Enjoy world class sport fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, sailing, kayaking, eco-tours and even swim with dolphins. Visit the many island destinations to discover our tropical paradise in the Florida Keys.
Key Largo offers some of the finest diving and snorkeling in the Florida Keys. Don’t miss John Pennekamp State Park. There are many dive companies that run guided trips to the park and to area sunken wrecks just off Key Largo.
Islamorada is south of Key Largo and is known for it's world class sport fishing. Each season welcomes new fishing tournaments and angling opportunities. Bone fishing is especially popular with large bone fish up into the 10lb. Range. Offshore sport fishing can be equally exciting during the winter months for sailfish just off the reefs of Islamorada.
Golf at Hawk Cay Resort in Duck Key near Marathon
Founders Park a 45 acre recreational facilityopen from Sunsdt to Sun down just minutes south of the property offers beaches, boat rental , kayak rentals , Olympic size pool, basketball court, tennis court, skating, dock-age, refueling facilities, bar and restaurants. Features:
Olympic Size Swimming Pool: A 50-meter by 25-yard pool with water depths from 4 to 12.5 feet, diving well with four spring boards. This is the only Olympic size pool found this far south in the United States, spacious and perfect for family fun! Swimming, diving and aquatic instructors on staff.(see programs and classes)
Splash Pad Play Environment: A unique zero depth safe water playground.
Fun entertainment for children!
Beach: A beautifully manicured shallow water beach with a swimming area on the pristine Florida Bay. Complete with Tiki Huts, picnic tables, cooking grills, pavilion, sand volleyball court, shade trees, playgrounds for children, outdoor showers, and restroom facilities. Volleyballs available for rent at the Park Office. No glass, alcohol, or dogs permitted on the beach.
Playgrounds: Located on the Beach. Your child’s imagination can run wild on
the large Pirate Ship playground, plus a separate small playground area just for the lil’ mateys!
Tennis Complex: Five lighted hard courts. Tennis pro on staff and pro shop. First come, first served! Equipment available at the Park Office.
Fitness and Walking Trails: Featuring a fitness station course winding around the park for exercise or a leisurely stroll. Benches and water fountains available along the way. Fitness Park: Shaded area featuring various cardio and resistance-based exercise machines. Basketball Court: Single lit court available first come, first served! Equipment available for rent at the Park Office.
Dog Park: A one-acre fenced park where your best friend can run free and socialize with other furry buddies. Dog Park features: benches and seating areas (for people!), doggy wash & watering station, and agility equipment.
Multi-Use Fields: Beautifully maintained fields with soccer goals and plenty of open space for ball games and recreational activity.
Baseball and Softball Fields: Featuring a full-sized hardball field with fencing and dugouts.
Fishing Jetty: A beautiful coral stone path and walkway from which to cast your lines into the bay waters. Also, a great photo location!
Golf Driving Range: Large netted area to practice your driving skills. Bring your own clubs. Golf balls and tees available at the Park Office.
The sport that is sweeping the nation! Check out our single lit court. Paddles and balls available at the Park Office.
You may also want to visit Library Park Beach, Anne’s Beach, Plantation Tropical Preserve, Green Turtle Hammock Nature Preserve, Plantation Hammocks Preserve, and Southwinds Park. The department also provides children’s recreational camps and supervises, organizes, and supports large charitable public special events such as: Friends of the Pool Aquatic Ball, Bougainvillea Ball, July 4th Celebration & Fireworks, Florida Keys Youth and Masters Swim Meets, Special Olympics Swim Meet, Islamorada Chamber of Commerce Holiday Festival and Island Fest, Upper Keys Rotary Nautical Flea Market, University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame & Habitat for Humanity Fishing Tournament, Bay Jam and several Islamorada Community Entertainment amphitheater events, as well as a wide range of numerous smaller special events.
Do’s and Don’ts and Need to Kno
1) Prior to arrival you will be issued a combination for the front door. There is no key rather a combination lock. Enter 4 digit code to open and 4 digit code plus center “lock” button to close door.
2) There is a key to the downstairs utility/garage door lock inside house hanging on a key rack to left of door facing out. Highly recommended you leave key inside lock when off as to not accidentally put lock on door with key still inside garage. Please keep downstairs utility closed at all times especially when not supervised.
3) Downstairs bar sink does not connect to sewage rather it drains out on the side of the house just under the stairs. Thus, please do not dispose of any drinks, beverages or other syrupy or colored things in that sink. If you do need to throw away anything other than water, please do so in the bathroom sink instead. The liquor bottles on shelves are for decorative purposes only and are NOT to be consumed.
4) Garbage bags are to be used in all receptacles at all times. Extra trash bags are kept at the bottom of every garbage bin under the installed bag or under sinks. Please use grocery bags for bathroom bins. These are kept on door of corner cabinet in kitchen.
5) The garbage compactor is to have two bags installed at all times. The brown paper bag is placed first to help prevent spills and a white plastic bag is to be used over it. When garbage full simply pull out the white plastic bag and put in large bins on side of house. Replace the white plastic bag again before using. Both paper and plastic bags are kept in the a/c closet in hallway.
6) Do not use any harsh or abrasive cleaners nor ammonia products on any surfaces. Please especially NO Windex on master bath vanity! Only use marble cleaner in black plastic spray bottle kept under the bathroom sink.
7) Do not put drinks on ANY wood surfaces without a coaster. Coasters can be found in caddy (under phone) at the corner of kitchen counter, at each bedside table and on downstairs bar.
8) If operating the boat lift you MUST SUPERVISE IT ALL TIMES especially when going down as the cable can unwind. IT DOES NOT HAVE AUTOMATICE SHUT OFF IN EITHER DIRECTION. If you are using the boat lifts, an extra security deposit should have been paid.
9) When using Jacuzzi please rinse off first using shower which is on the CBS column at other end by the stairs. Be sure to have bromine tablets always in the floating shark dispenser which is to be kept inside the tub at all times. Please also remember to take out and rinse the filters with the hose when staying for extended time. Remember to lower the heat temperature to conserve energy when not in use. Supplies kept at corner of house by Jacuzzi in a wooden tub.
10) The BBQ is a gas grill and NOTHING is to be placed inside the grill such as charcoal or flavor wood chips of any kind! Cleaning brushes are provided in the bottom storage area and are to be used to keep grill clean and grills brushed after each use. A spare tank is also provided in the bottom cabinet.
11) Leave all soiled linens and towels on floor upon departure.
12) If you are a big party, you will want to take short showers as the water heater is a small capacity heater and hot water will run out quickly, especially those using the master shower. I recommend closing/shutting off for lather and reopening for rinse. The shower head is a large overhead rain style head and it displaces a lot of water.
13) Most light control switches have been marked for ease. Please turn off lights when not in area.
14) A toilet plunger is kept in the upstairs A/C closet.
15) Beach towels are kept in caddy in the downstairs game room area and bedroom closet.
16) Linens and towels for downstairs guest room are kept in closet. Upstairs guest bathroom towels are kept under sink and extra linens are kept in bottom drawer of dresser. Master bedroom towels and extra linens are kept in armoire.
17) The kitchen is equipped with the basic supplies including coffee maker, toaster, microwave, pots, cooking utensils, ceramic plates, glass/plastic cups and silverware. There will be toilet paper in all bathrooms and paper towels in kitchen upon arrival, however, if you need more you may want to add it to your grocery list. All towels and linens will be provided. You will need to bring you own personal items such as soaps, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
18) Please do not put any commercial ice inside kitchen refrigerator/freezer as this can damage the ice dispenser.
Not suitable for people who are not comfortable going up and down stairs.