Check here to view our Availability Calendar: http://tinyurl.com/hubzo3k.
Check here to view our Reservation Page: http://tinyurl.com/zf5z73p
Our farm's two bedroom bungalow home is a small, well designed subtropical getaway. Tucked into an old-growth avocado grove, parking is easy, and a short footpath leads you past your hidden hot tub and lazy, and up a few stairs to your front door. Each room has separate air conditioning and heating controls. The master bedroom has a comfortable Queen bed. The second bedroom is furnished with a full size bed with a sliding door entrance to a hidden, picket-fenced garden. Harvest herbs for your meals, putter in the dark soil, show your kids where food comes from, or just soak up the pleasure of lounging under your geometric shade sails and watching the garden's butterflies. Your private garden includes a miniature barn and gentle miniature chickens for your enjoyment. Become chicken farmers for a few days, or just enjoy them and our crew will take care of their needs. Indoors, the cozy living room has a flatscreen tv with dvd and a library of family-friendly movies. Mexican tiled bathroom with all the basics waiting for your arrival. Full kitchen with plenty of small appliances for your wonderful meals: rice cooker, crock pot, blender for your smoothies, food processor, healthy air popcorn maker, waffle iron, cook books. Many of the baking essentials have been provided: rice, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, assorted spices. Full size refrigerator stocked with breakfast items for your stay, as well as bottled water and organic produce from our farm's CSA. Coffee maker and a good selection of coffee including decaf, and regular grind; toaster, citrus juicer, microwave. Hot tub for your private use just steps from your front door, hidden under an avocado tree. The washer/dryer and folding station is housed in a separate building in your garden of the unit for your exclusive use.
Designated parking just for you, by the entrance to the garden path to your door. The path is sandy, and is a short walk to your front door. Hike through the 20 acres of our farm during day light hour or take a good flashlight after sunset and marvel at the night sky. The nights here are truly amazing. We ask that you stay on the roads. Your picket fenced garden is accessed through the 2nd bedroom sliding door as well as a path from the front door, and has a demonstration herb garden for you to clip from.
The Oaks Restaurant is a couple miles away and is a rural destination for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They also have a tiny produce stand/market and frequent market events. For something on the romantic side: down the road a bit further is Temecula Creek Inn's Cork Fire Kitchen. They have a fireside bar that is quite nice for enjoying a drink and chatting before heading home after a nice meal. We've gathered a few menus from cool local restaurants and the local winery down the road a piece, they're in the room for your perusal. For half of the year there's a you-pick strawberry farm right down the road as well. You'll see small signs on Old 395 as you drive in from either direction. Absolutely awesome strawberries, pick them yourself, or buy them already harvested.
Interaction With Guests:
Just ask if you have questions about what to see or where to go, there's so much to do in San Diego and nearby Temecula Wine Country and the adjacent Fallbrook art community! We offer discounted private party cheese making classes and hand churned ice cream classes to our farmstay guests.
Other Things to Note:
Although more than 5 adults could technically sleep in our bungalow, we don't offer it as such in our listing because it's a small home with one bathroom and we think guests would find it too small to comfortably accommodate more than 5 adults. Maximum occupancy is 5, please count all members of your party: young, old, and those that are employed by you.
When available, a solution for larger groups that want to stay on the same date is to book both the one bedroom unit AND the two bedroom unit. It's our intention that our guests are always delighted with the accommodations and never feel overcrowded.
Unlike other vacation platforms, the security deposit that we've noted in our listing is not charged to your account unless damage has actually incurred.
1. By confirming a reservation you are acknowledging that you have read and can live with our very reasonable House Rules and cancellation policy. (Full refund if cancelled within 30 days, 50% refund if cancelled within 14 days.
2. Sorry, no pets, we have enough of our own here!
3. Please drive carefully once on-farm, we have a llama that roams freely, and he thinks he owns the road. :)
4. If you'd like to interact with our miniature dairy goat herd, let us introduce you and show you how to keep barn doors secure. We care for them daily between 3:00 and 4:00. Bring granola bars, says Carl the Herd Leader. :)
5. Our cats are farm crew members and keep the pest population down. Please don't allow any inside. They'll may tell you they're allowed in, that's just not so.
6. Do not arrive with or invite unregistered guests to our farm to visit or stay. Airbnb's liability policy extends to registered guests only.
7. We are farmers and keep farmers' hours. If this is your first visit to Morning Song Farm, please plan to check-in no later than 8:00 p.m., or discuss self-check in alternatives BEFORE making a reservation. If you are a returning guest and would like a late-night check-in, please let us know and we'll arrange for a no-fuss self check-in. After check-in, we assume our guests will be coming and going as they please. There is no problem at all with coming in late during your stay, as the unit is totally separate from everyone else's here.
8. No indoors smoking so that we can offer a smoke-free environment to our many non-smoking guests. As much as it would be a convenience to walk around the farm lit; it's a fire hazard. Please smoke in designated area only and extinguish butts in the vessel provided.
9. To keep our farmstay affordable, we have a tiny cleaning fee, please leave your kitchen as you found it, when you check out.
10. Please do not mail or ship items to yourself or in care of Morning Song our farm address. The post office doesn't deliver to us here, either; so they will return to sender.
11. Maximum occupancy in our two bedroom Farm Stay Bungalow Unit is five total. We do not charge extra for additional guests, we do not accept more than 5 in this unit.
For guests with children:
Please help us continue to welcome children to our farm stay bungalow:
1. Small children must not be left unsupervised.
2. No children under 12 in the hot tub.
3. Children must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian during crew member-led farm activities.
3. Do not take chances with our furnishings and a child that is not fully potty trained. We will replace at once anything that has been damaged by a potty accident and access the security deposit. Each family manages protection differently, so please bring along whatever is needed to keep our furnishings safe and accident free for the next guest. So that we can confidently offer our home to our guests as thoroughly clean, we black light inspect our homes after each stay.
Little known, even to San Diegans, Rainbow, California is adjacent to Fallbrook and is right off the I-15 freeway, yet our farm seems like it's miles away from the city. One exit north you'll find Temecula's wine country, as well as the renowned Pechanga Resort and Casino. We're only a few minutes off the I-15, we're freeway close. 40 minutes or so to Oceanside's beautiful beaches and Carlsbad's flower fields and Legoland, and an exit south of Temecula's wine country tours, right in between San Diego's and Los Angeles' attractions. Twenty-five minutes or so from Cal State San Marcos University, thirty-five minutes or so from San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido and a little over an hour to Seaworld and world famous Balboa Park. The local farmers' market is on Saturday and is 15 minutes away in Old Town Temecula...a destination in itself. We're one exit south of Temecula. Be sure to check out Temecula Olive Oil Company's tasting bar if you find yourself in Old Town. Temecula has a number of vineyards eager to showcase their wines, wine country is one exit north of us (10-15 minutes) and if you book early enough, hot air ballooning is a local wine country favorite. There's a nearby u-pick strawberry field that shouldn't be missed when in season; and if you enjoy local wines, a mile from our farm entrance is Roadrunner Winery. They are very small and the owners spend most of their days tending their vines, so you do have to call ahead for a wine tasting to make sure they're tending the bar and not the vineyard. Many guests have remarked that their wine is quite good. Their contact information is below.